Are you looking for some great places to shop on a rainy day or a brand name not sold in your town? The answer to your search is online shopping, but don’t be fooled – some are more trustworthy and Canada-friendly than others.
Through the years I’ve come across numerous shopping sites that will gladly overcharge shipping, provide poor to no customer service or make it extremely difficult to find what your looking for. However, there are a handful of online shopping sites that are stylish, ship to Canada, carry hundreds of brand names (unavailable at your local mall), will charge reasonable shipping and have excellent customer service. send top up to Philippines For these reasons these select retailers have risen above the rest and attracted shoppers from far and wide – including Canadians.
If you’re an online shopper searching for retailers that ship to Canada and want to enjoy shopping again or whether you’re a newbie to online shopping, use this list to ease the pain and find the brand names your looking for.
Here you’ll find the Top 10 Online Shopping Sites for Canadian shoppers based on the Shopping Supplement’s nutritional-value calculator which considers: Style, Steals, Service and Simplicity.
1. Shop Bop
5. Style Fly
6. Top Shop
7. Urban Outfitters
9. Aldo / Browns
10. Beyond the Rack
1. Shop Bop: Offering free express delivery to Canada within 3 days is unmatchable. Shopping is made easier by allowing users to create an account and save your favourite designers and items to make shopping more personable. Or if its a sale your after they have a dedicated 70% off site that will keep you shopping for days. Service, breadth, and navigability earns Shop Bop first place honors.
2. Asos: Named “”The undisputed champion of online fashion,”” by The Times Magazine. Offering men’s and women’s clothing, beauty, designer and an impressive outlet site, you won’t be disappointed by product selection or price range. Shipping costs are unbeatable starting at only $6 for delivery within 8 days. A favorite among Shopping Supplement readers.
3. BlueFly: From mid-range to high-end every mainstream designer is available here at a minimum 20% to 40% off retail price. Shop by colour, price, designer and more. This site makes it exciting to discover a new favourite brand and shop the latest trends.
4. Overstock: Love a brand that you can’t get easily and want to find it for less? Not a difficult task at Overstock.com. Now shipping to Canada, Overstock offers items from well-known brands such as BCBG, Calvin Klein, Tahari and Michael Kors. Shipping is calculated at time of payment as items may be shipped from various locations. Shopping is made easier as you can shop by price, size, designer, clearance, category and more.
5. Style Fly: Looking for a fashionably Canadian line such as Gentle Fawn? You’ll find it at StyleFly. Shipping is a bit steep at $15 but well worth it if you’ve found the brand you’ve been searching for. They also offer a price match guarantee and a style point program.
6. Top Shop: The famed UK brand has opened its doors to long-awaiting Canadian customers. Delivery time is 5-7 days and 7.50 pounds. Shop the exclusive celebrity lines (such as the enormously successfully line designed by UK model Kate Moss), their own cult-followed Top Shop line or their studio line which is home to a handful of iconic UK brands.
7. Urban Outfitters: $10 flat rate shipping and free shipping on orders over $150, Urban Outfitters is my go-to site for urban chic style and scoring unique items with a hippie inspiration. I also love their apartment collection and sale section where you’ll find great deals on trendy styles all year round.
8. Sephora: If you’ve ever been to a physical Sephora location you know its your one-stop shop for every quality cosmetics brand available. The site offers greater variety, additional brands, and more promotions and clearance items. If you can pick it up in-store its not worth the extra shipping charge (even if you do get free samples with every order!) but its still worth a look around the site to see what fellow purchasers thought about the product your thinking of buying as the site has an excellent customer rating system.
9. Aldo/ Browns: Tied for the best Canadian shoe site around! If your looking for designer shoes you can find it at any of the above mentioned sites. However, if your looking for: quality, style, sales, service and reasonable shipping costs then look no further than these two homegrown retailers. Both offer in-store returns at a location near you to take the anxiety out of buying online and offer a huge selection of shoes, bags and jewelery (aldo).
10. Beyond the Rack: The one members-only shopping site that made it on this list – and for good reason. Every day the site unveils new designer events that run for a limited time and offer a limited quantity at up to 70% off retail. Shipping is reasonable at $11.95 and delivery time varies. Be warned: Do not shop for items that you need for an upcoming event or for gifts. Delivery time is unreliable as Beyond the Rack works as a middleman in scoring these designer deals so if their supplier takes a long time it will take even longer to get to you. Knowing this as you go into the sale makes a world of difference and nothing is quite like the excitement of scoring a designer item at 70% off!
With this easy to follow online shopping map what more do you need? A newbie to navigating the online retail world? Dip your toe in to test the waters or don’t hold anything back and jump in with two feet; you don’t have to worry when you have this map to steer you to pure shopping bliss.
Chelsea M Peters
This article was composed by Chelsea Peters, a Marketing Analyst working and living in Canada and author and main contributor of The Shopping Supplement – http://www.shoppingsupplement.com: An online resource for savvy Canadian shoppers looking for style online.